Forum AZS Białystok Strona Główna

Officers were out in force and sought to disperse any groups

Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu
Autor Wiadomość
Beauty Sirikarn

PostWysłany: Pon Cze 07, 2021 5:43 am    Temat postu: Officers were out in force and sought to disperse any groups Odpowiedz z cytatem

But last year, Hong Kong banned the vigil for the first time in 30 years - citing virus concerns.

Despite this, tens of thousands of people defied the ban, knocking down barricades that had been erected around Victoria Park.

Tens of thousands defy ban to mark Tiananmen in HK
China's new law: Why is Hong Kong worried?
However, this year's Tiananmen anniversary is the first since a new controversial security law was approved, aimed at ending the city's pro-democracy movement and criminalising dissent.

Around 100 people have been arrested since the law was enacted in June.

"This will be the first June 4 since the National Security Law. Many ask if the vigil will disappear. I think we have been persisting for more than 30 years. It is more or less in Hong Kong people's DNA," Ms Chow told the BBC before her arrest.
Chow Hang Tung was as defiant as ever when I interviewed her last month.

She asked: "I will light up a candle in the street. Are you going to arrest me for that?"

She was arrested, before she even got the chance to do that. But it comes as no surprise. Around 7,000 police officers are patrolling the streets of Hong Kong today.

They might make more arrests over the course of the day, according to local media reports - a stark warning to those who might try to defy the vigil ban.

Ms Chow is considered the successor of the Hong Kong Alliance which has been fighting for democracy for more than 30 years.

The 36-year-old barrister became a key figure after her colleagues were jailed for participating in unauthorised assembly.

Ms Chow had told her followers that she would go to Victoria Park, the site of the annual demonstrations, to keep the tradition going. pgslot wallet

The arrest is not her first. She was among the pro-democracy activists who were last year arrested for inciting and participating unauthorised assembly.
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum AZS Białystok Strona Główna -> Tematy sportowe Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Strona 1 z 1

Skocz do: